AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
This is a great program and one that we use on our monthly and quarterly maintenance programs. If you have additional questions about this program, feel free to leave a comment.
Here is a shortened how to use AdwCleaner, full length video below.
Here is the original how to use AdwCleaner video.
FREE Printable PDF Guide
How To Run And Use AdwCleaner – step by step guide
- This document gives step by step guide about how to run AdwCleaner, which is an Adware cleaner.
- This software can be downloaded from the link: http://trenchtech.co/adwcleaner
- This is an .exe file, so you can take it with you in jump drives.
- When the first time you run it, it will ask you to Accept/Not Accept the Disclaimer.
- Once the software is open, it will show you different tabs as shown in image below:
These are the different things it searches for problems. It checks Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Scheduled tasks, Registry and the Browser.
- First thing you need to do is click on Scan button.
- Once you click on Scan, it searches all those different directories for problems. For example, in the image shown below, it has found a problem in Folders.
- Note: This software will require a reboot after it completes scanning.
- We can see that scan is completed in image below:
- Uncheck the elements that you don’t want to remove. By default, it will be in checked state.
- To run cleaning process, click on ‘Clean’.
- You will get a dialogue box asking for your permission once you click on Clean.
- Click OK to clean the system.
- Please keep in mind that it will require to reboot your system. Save all your work before clicking ‘OK’.